Monday, November 12, 2007

Before I go on ... Seaside


By the way. I wish I was doing this application with Seaside. I finally got around to trying out Sqeak and Seaside a few months ago, after wondering about it for two years at least. Smalltalk is a great environment (more than just a language) and Seaside is a great web app framework. I haven't had the chance to work with eather for anything substantial, but just going through examples and trying it out opened my eyes to how much better software development can be. ... But there's no way my current project would go for it! Java has been chosen. Period. ... Wicket is the closest thing in Java that I know of to Seaside. Frankly, that's part of why I'm pitching it.

Hat's off to the Smalltalk, Squeak & Seaside communities. Keep showing the light.

Don't get me wrong. Wicket rocks. It's Java that gets a little clunky sometimes IMHO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


You're not the only one frustrated with Java.

Chris said...

Whoa. Someone read my blog? ... Guess I need to spell-check. ;)